Friday, October 28th, 2005
Printmaking has been included in the competitions for the Sydney Royal Easter Show this year. The conditions are…
- Entry fee $35 per class. One entry per class.
- Art work to framed and ready to hang.
- Printmaking on paper
- Any technique (monotype, monoprint, proof or edition)
- Must not exceed 1.8 metres in height or width
- No smaller than 35cm, height and width
- Prizes: 1st $1750, 2nd $500, 3rd $300
Check out the easter show website for further details, and you can see all the finer points on their PDF Art Schedule which you can view also view online.
Tuesday, October 11th, 2005
The Hutchins attracts a huge amount of attention and well deserved too with the range of works they have in their competition. The finalists are now online, and it makes a great way to check out whats out there as works on paper. The prize offered is currently $11,000 – very nice! From 2007 the prize will become a biennial event, which is perhaps in response to the huge amount of interest the competition is receiving, and therefore the workload involved, or perhaps it is more to do with stepping in with current trends. Either way, this is an excellent opportunity to check out some fabulous works on paper online at the Hutchins website.