Hunter Island Press is a not-for-profit association of over fifty printmakers who are dedicated to the promotion of printmaking as an affordable art medium to and for the wider community.
To this end we are establishing a professional public access print studio in Hobart which will be used to develop our own skills and to involve community members through as ongoing workshop program.
In addition to developing a print studio HIP organises exhibitions and other events for members both in Hobart and regional Tasmania.
Hunter Island Press is committed to excellence in everything we do and it is our intention, over time, to cover all aspects of printmaking in a non toxic environment catering for both beginners and the more experienced artist.
Regular workshops are an essential part of our long term planning and we welcome enquiries or suggestions from all interested people.
An overview of our workshop calendar for 2012 – ‘click here to download the PDF‘ for more details:
• Introduction to Stone Lithography (1 day): Kaye Green, 24 March 2012
• Introduction to woodcuts - Introduction to hand printed relief printing: Michael Schlitz, 21-22 April 2012
• Lino Etching – explore ways to combine etching with lino cutting: Iona Johnson, 26-27 May 2012
• Polyplate Lithography – Introduction to the medium, mark making, inks, papers and printing: John Ingleton, 23-24 June 2012
• Advanced Japanese woodcut – using the traditional Japanese woodcut process: Michael Schlitz, 21-22 July 2012
• Working with ideas - Expand your repertoire!: Iona Johnson, 25-26 August 2012
• Alternative etching processes – Acrylic Grounds on Aluminium plates etc: John Robinson, 22-23 September 2012
• Stone Lithography – continuation: Kaye Green, 27-28 October 2012
HIP were fortunate enough to be able to offer a residency to Melbourne-based Printmaker Belinda Fox during the month of August, 2007 through funding received from Arts Tasmania.
See some images from the Belinda Fox workshop.